***WE INTERRUPT THIS REGULARLY SCHEDULED ffwD POST TO BRING YOU AN AFTERNOON DRIVE MUNCHIES POST ALREADY IN PROGRESS***
Lately, I’ve been so busy with work and other commitments that I haven’t had time to go grocery shopping. I’ve been out of eggs, milk and Diet Coke for about five days now, and I probably won’t have time to shop until Sunday. (Those who know me personally know that the lack of Diet Coke is a HUGE problem!) This also means I’ll be sitting out this week’s ffwD Olive-Olive Cornish Hen assignment.
That being said, I wanted to bake some cookies using ingredients I already had. Surprisingly enough, I only needed FOUR items for these rich and delicious Nutella-filled butter cookies! (The recipe I followed is below.) These were extremely easy to make, but make sure to allow extra time for all the hand-rolling and crimping you’ll be doing for these filled cookies.
Nutella-filled Butter Cookies
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1&1/4 c. AP flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter until soft.
3. Add the sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Sift in the flour and mix just until the dough comes together.
5. Roll the dough into balls, gently flatten into discs, then place on greased cookie sheet a few inches apart.
6. Spoon a dollop of Nutella on each disc then cover with another flattened disc.
7. Seal edges and decorate by making impressions with a fork.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.